APEROL SPRITZ RECIPE
My new obsession is the Aperol Spritz. Apparently, they are THE signature Italian cocktail. Beats me since I have yet to travel to Italy. I know at first they look super artificial, and maybe they are. No clue. Apparently Aperol is made with rhubarb and orange. That's healthy, right? Anyway, the best part is it's a champagne cocktail which makes an Aperol Spritz the perfect New Years cocktail!
I wanted to share our bar cart set-up because we like to keep it simple and just switch out our letter board and garnishes for each party.
Now for my go-to, must-have bar cart accessories...
1. BRASS +LEATHER BAR CART : This is my all-time favorite bar cart! I love the leather trim on the handle! We use this for EVERY party, no joke!
2. HAMMERED COPPER ICE BUCKET : We have this bucket in brass, but it's so cute to mix copper and brass! I ALSO use it if I'm not serving cocktails to hold my champagne or white wine.
3. 12X16 LETTER BOARD : This letter board is a bit taller than the regular, so you can fit your text and place your drinks in front of them without blocking the text.
4A. HAMMERED BRASS SERVING TRAY SQUARE 4B. HAMMERED BRASS SERVING TRAY RECTANGLE : These trays are so handy! I love to group items together to give them somewhere to land. I use them all the time even as a serving tray for cookies or fill them with rocks and place them under beverage dispensers to catch spills.
5. ELECTRIC WINE OPENER : I don't even know how to open a bottle of wine without one of these. Truth!
6. APEROL : You'll see in our recipe below why this is an essential!
7. MINI PROSECCO : There is always a reason to celebrate! Do it regularly!
8. HANGING DRINK MARKERS : People always fight for Mitch. These are just funny and great conversation starters.
9. GLASS MARKERS : These are quick and easy for any party if you don't have enough of the hanging drink markers.
10. COCKTAIL BAR SET : Everyone needs a set like this. The stirring spoon and muddler we use regularly.
APEROL SPRITZ RECIPE:
3 ounces Prosecco [one mini bottle is 2 servings]
2 ounces Aperol
1 ounce soda water [we buy mini bottles/cans so it doesn't go to waste]
orange slices, for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a wine glass with ice. Stir and garnish with half an orange slice.